Before releasing, please make sure that you have:
- Gpg key, which will be used to sign artifacts. You can find instructions here how to do it.
- Credentials in your maven's settings.xml file for release repository e.g.
- Gpg profile in your maven's settings.xml file, which contains password for key used to signing artifacts e.g.
To perform release follow steps:
- Create separate branch in git, dedicated to this release version, if it is not already created.
- Make sure that version in pom.xml is correct for the release.
- Make sure project does not depend on any *-SNAPSHOT artifacts.
- Perform release: mvn -DperformRelease=true deploy
A this point all artifacts should be signed and deployed to OSS staging repository. Make sure that all artifacts are in place and work as expected e.g. by running integration tests. If everything works correctly, close the staging repository and release artifacts on OSS Nexus. Instructions how to do that are here. All artifacts should appear in Maven Central repository after a while (< 1h). After artifacts have been published to Maven Central repository they can not be modified.